Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27th Update

Today, we have officially been on bedrest for 6 weeks. Can't believe it! I know it sounds crazy, but it really has gone by fast. I had a wonderful day today. It started out with a great appointment this morning, WBIII passed all of his tests! He weighed in at 3lbs, 8oz-Yay! He has gained 10 oz in 2 weeks and is still in the normal weight range. They are still keeping an eye on his heartrate and he seems to be having dips several times a day. But, he looks good...he just needs some more toys, the cord keeps him occupied. It looks as if we are still looking at February 11th as a target date. I will be at 34 weeks then and if his fluid is still low and his heartrate continues to dip, then they will most likely go ahead and get the little guy. Bill took me to the NICU today and I got the grand tour. Everybody is so wonderful and if baby has to go in there, I know that he will be in great hands. It was tough to think about little one going in there, but we are taking each day one at time and each day is better than the last.

After that, I was looking for a little cheering up and was unbelievably surprised when my tennis teammates from the Fields Club showed up and gave me a surprise Baker Shower! I received the most adorable things and I can't wait to post some pics as soon as I get them. I had 13 wonderful ladies in #288 and they brought delicious cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries and they topped it off with sparkling grape juice! Cheers! What a fabulous party with some fabulous women. They are the BEST!

My buddy Elegante stopped by this afternoon, she is having a little girl and is due 3 weeks after me. We always have so much fun exchanging pregnancy/nursery stories and can relate so much. While she was hanging out, baby had a little dip and I thought she was going to be my birthcoach in the OR. He bumped right back up, it sure made her visit very interesting. :-)

My mommie is staying here with me tonight and we watched American Idol tonight. What would I do without TV?!  I was bummed to see that the Murray/Ferrer match is not on tonight...it is on at 3:30am, so if I can't sleep-I'll be in good hands. Bill's cousin, Austin, is in town this weekend. I am so glad he is here to help Bill get out for a bit. Austin was the chef for our wedding and he is an amazing chef....amazing! He said that he will cook me anything tomorrow and I am so excited to have his awesome food!

I am 32 weeks tomorrow-YAY! To celebrate, I am receiving steroid shots. These shots will help boost little one's lung development. I received the first round of steroids the 2nd day that I was here, so these shots are just another boost in case we have to deliver early. The biggest news is that I am getting a massage tomorrow! Apparently there is a massage company who is contracted with Piedmont...and how am I just finding this out now? Haha! I am super excited about it. Sitting can be so exhausting. :-)

So...another day down...another week down! Let's keep Baking Baker!

No comments:

Post a Comment